Now The Amazon introduced a new Instant Video streaming app.
As we briefly mentioned in our Free Apps Roundup, Amazon has released an iPad app for its Instant Video store streaming service. The application will allow iPad users to freely watch rented or purchased movies directly on their iPad device. And if you happen to be a subscriber of Amazon’s extensive catalog of movies to purchase/rent service, you will have the ability to view over more 120,000 videos available in the Instant Video store. Like many video streaming services, you will need an Amazon Prime account that is available for $79/year, in order to enjoy many of its services.
The Instant Video app also includes offline viewing features, as well as the ability to stream Prime Instant Video titles when you are connected to the Internet. And with the technology of WhisperSync, users can watch videos through their PC/Mac and can continue to watch content where they left off on their iPad.
The feature list includes the ability to:
- stream thousands of titles available from Prime Instant Video at no additional cost with Prime membership, or watch 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store,
- download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library,
- shop over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store by visiting Amazon,
- add videos to your Watchlist from a PC, Mac, or Kindle Fire for later viewing on your iPad,
- subscribe to a TV Season Pass by visiting Amazon and episodes will automatically be available on your iPad the day after they air,
- start watching on your iPad, and resume watching right where you left off on a Kindle Fire, PS3, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players with Amazon Whispersync.
iOS users can grab the Amazon Instant Video app right now as a free download directly in the iTunes App Store.