News

A School students adopt a tiger

Royal Bengal Tiger
Royal Bengal Tiger

‘Today children’s tomorrow citizens’  It’s really a heart touches caption that every body knows. Really there are some students were justified to this caption in Hyderabad. They are not only thinking about their education but also starts  pledge love to animals.

As a part of an awareness and education programme about endangered animals, Army Public School students from Ramakrishnapuram, Sainikpuri and Secunderabad, on Thursday, adopted a Royal Bengal Tiger at the Nehru Zoological Park. The students also took an oath to love and protect animals, both domestic and wild, in the presence of the zoo senior officials.

The students with their teachers adopted a Royal Bengal tiger, eight-year-old Aparna which was born and brought up at the city Nehru zoo from August 9 to 19. They also handed over a cheque of Rs 2,000 to P Mallikarjuna Rao, director of AP Zoological Parks. The amount was collected by the students from their pocket money which will be used for Aparna’s maintenance at the zoo. They reportedly said that their visit to Nehru Zoological park was very informative and they learn more about the animal and their behaviour.

As part of a school project, about 100 students visited the Nehru Zoological Park two days ago. The initiative involved students writing a project about their visit to the Nehru zoo and for this purpose, the students prepared a questionnaire, said zoo officials.

So It’s very apperciated work which  done by the students.