Education NewsGeneral NewsNews

Inter results tomorrow- EAMCET in July

The results of the second year Intermediate Advance Supplementary examinations will be released on Saturday morning, according to J.S.V. Prasad, Commissioner, Intermediate Education and in-charge Secretary of Board of Intermediate Education (BIE).However, the EAMCET officials are not ready to give the ranks and marks even after the Intermediate results are out, as they want to wait for the results of students who apply for re-verification and revaluation.It means the EAMCET results will be released in the first week of July. Mr. Prasad told The Hindu that he would be able to give the data only after June 30. However, without re-verification and recounting details the data can be given on June 18 itself.Angry students and parents are questioning the decision to wait for a few hundreds of students who apply for recounting and re-verification when lakhs of other students are eagerly waiting for the final rank. “What kind of decision is this? Either the officials don’t understand the system or they don’t share the anxiety of lakhs of parents and students. They have messed up our entire planning with their ridiculous decisions,” said Vikram, who appeared for EAMCET.

The inordinate delay of EAMCET marks has left parents and students disillusioned with the system. The officials could not give a valid reason for not releasing the EAMCET marks, which was the practice till last year, though they were ready. “There is absolutely no coordination between officials and they are least interested,” feel several parents.The EAMCET was conducted on May 12 and the key was released within a few days. Till last year, officials used to release the EAMCET marks within 15 days of the conduct of the test and the final ranks after the supplementary results. So students were aware of their likely ranking with the EAMCET marks and it helped them understand their position and take a decision to study in the State or move out.Students and parents demand that the EAMCET results be released immediately after the Intermediate results so that they can take a decision on their higher education plans. APSCHE Chairman P. Jayaprakash Rao said that there are different views emerging on the release of results but a final decision has not yet been taken.